Sunday, May 20, 2007

Destiny

What is destiny?
Is it fate? Is it choice?
Life so simple, not a care in the world
Until one day, in my quest for purpose i stumble upon an egg
Something of value, something of fortune? It hatches!
It becomes a happy part in my life, a joy in a joyless life
Yet, my joy has bloomed into my fight.
A destiny was layed out before me, one i didnt ask for
Planed out by others, expected by many
A burden i am asked to face alone, a burden that i cannot bare alone
Save the world from evil, protect those i love
Yet those around me are hurt, lost for the destiny thrust upon me
Alagaesia awaits my help, yet i cannot help myself
A boy still inside, a man expected by many to be a hero
Legend? Fame? Pride?
I didn't ask for destiny, it was put upon me such as life
I am Eragon, I am alone, I am forced to fight the hordes, but a boy

No comments: